Your privacy on the Internet is important to Watershed Associates, Inc.
Thank you for visiting WatershedAssociates.com, home of the Best Negotiating Practices® workshop series and seminars.
Watershed wants to ensure the privacy of the information site visitors provide. In general, Watershed does not sell, lease or otherwise distribute site visitors’ information to others. Watershed may use the information to meet your needs and advise you of negotiation training and consulting services and products from Watershed Associates, Inc. You may choose not to receive information from Watershed by simply contacting us by email at [email protected].
Watershed publishes and maintains this Website (“Website”), found at WatershedAssociates.com and a mirror domain of BestNegotiatingPractices.com.
The Website is defined to include all services, products and features available on or through the Website such as workshops, books, resources, blogs, lists, and user communities.
- Visitor’s Agreement to Terms
- How Watershed collects Personally Identifiable Information
- How Watershed uses Personally Identifiable Information
- How Watershed protects Personally Identifiable Information
- Third Party Links
- Site Visitor’s Consent
- Contacting Watershed
Visitors’ Agreement to Terms
How Watershed collects Personally Identifiable Information
Watershed only collects Personally Identifiable Information that you expressly volunteer. While visiting this Website, Watershed may ask for your e-mail address, name, company name, job title, mailing address or/and phone number. Although not all features will be available, you also have the default option of visiting this Website anonymously.
Watershed may ask for Personally Identifiable Information when you:
- Register for a seminar or purchase or download a Watershed product or service.
- Request information (electronically) about Watershed’s products and services, or subscribe to newsletters.
- Use or participate in various services or features made available on the Website (including, for example and without limitation, blogs, resources, NeedHelpNow service, and other user communities).
- Request contact with a Watershed sales representative or negotiation expert.
- Provide Watershed with comments, questions or feedback about Watershed’s services, features and products, or your Website experience.
How Watershed uses Personally Identifiable Information
The information you provide to Watershed allows Watershed to appropriately assist you with your request. Watershed may use the information it collects from you in one or more of the following ways:
- To customize your Website visit. For example, Watershed may alter code to automatically personalize a Website page or offering.
- To respond to your request. For example, Watershed may select which proposal to provide you for downloading.
- To contact you in response to your request. For example, if you request to learn more about a workshop, or for negotiating advice, Watershed may call or email you at the number or address you provided.
The information you provide helps Watershed to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
Does Watershed disclose information to others?
Watershed does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties the Personally Identifiable Information of its site visitors. Third parties who assist Watershed with its website, business, and meeting visitors’ needs, are excepted and must agree to keep any disclosed information confidential. Watershed may also release information to comply with the law, Watershed’s site policies, and to protect rights, property, and safety. Watershed may also provide non-personally identifiable visitor information to others.
Does Watershed use IP Addresses and Clickstream Data
Watershed’s server may automatically collect information about a site visitor’s IP Address. The site visitor’s Internet service provider assigns an IP Address to the site visitor’s computer when it connects to the Internet. If you visit pages on Watershed’s website, Watershed may collect your IP Address and domain. Watershed may also make a record of:
- Any other website that linked the site visitor to Watershed
- What pages the site visitor visits
- Which website the site visitor goes to next
- Ads the site visitor clicks
- Data about the site visitor’s Web browser, computer, platform, software and settings
- Search terms the site visitor uses on the Website
- Miscellaneous other Web usage activity and data.
Watershed use this type of data to solve server issues, administer our systems and its Website. Watershed also uses the data to collect demographics on our total visitor pool, such as country, visit time, search criteria, etc.
Watershed reserves the right to have these activities performed on Watershed’s behalf by service providers.
How Watershed protects Personally Identifiable Information
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to protect the information we collect online.
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
In compliance with COPPA (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act), Watershed does not collect information from site visitors under 13 years old. The Website, products and services are marketed and sold only to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Third party links
There may be times that Watershed offers access to third party products and services on the Website. Third party linked sites have their own privacy policies. Watershed is not responsible or liable for the content and activities of third party linked sites. Regardless, Watershed appreciates feedback about these third party linked sites.
Site Visitor’s Consent
This policy was last modified on May 1, 2019
Watershed Associates, Inc.
P.O. Box 11080
Washington, DC 20008